Have you ever had leftover baked, mashed or other potatoe. Well, this is a reason to make sure you do have leftovers. Some yummy easy potatoe pie for the next day!
The beauty of this is you can add whatever you want into this, even top it off with marinara sauce at the end. Here is what you need.
leftover mashed potatoes, potatoes…
1 lb ground beef
1 carrot finely chopped
1 onion chopped
2 tablespoon vinegar
salt pepper to taste
crushed croutons/ bread crumbs
optional: marinara sauce
season it VERY well
flavor the potatoes with aLOT of seasoning and herbs or it will come out bland. I dont do bland:)
2) sautee the onion, add the carrot and ground beef. Add the vinegar and salt n pepper to the meat.you can add tomatoes too if you like, or any other veggie
3)the ground beef should be spread on top
4) spread the rest of the potatoes on top of the beef this can be tricky. Put a huge dollop of potatoes then slowly spread with a spoon without picking up meat
5) after its all ready, pop in the oven for 20-25 min at 350
6) top with the crushed croutons about 10 min before taking it out of the oven.
7) take a slice out and enjoy with a vinegerette salad (this is a must!). The sour of the salad pairs great with this
my hubby had never had this, and he loved it. My mum used to make it for me on those cold school days. And it always just makes me feel at home. What did your mum make for you that made u feel cozy and warm and puurrrfect?